Often it’s an entire failure of the air conditioner to operate that necessitates a call for HVAC service, but there are some warning signs that your AC unit could need repaired soon. Marmot Heating, Cooling & Plumbing of Boulder will respond immediately to your request, whether it be for a suspected problem or total shutdown of your air conditioner.
5 Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repair
- Not Producing Very Cold Air: When the AC is turned up high but still not producing cold air, it is definitely time to schedule a repair call. This failure also sometimes means that an older unit will need to be replaced.
- Weak Air Flow: If the stream of air coming from the vents is not as strong as it used to be, this is a symptom that the compressor is malfunctioning.
- Uneven Temperatures: If some areas of your home feel cold while others do not, the problem may be with the thermostat or duct work.
- Excessive Moisture: When you notice puddles next to your air conditioner, the liquid could either be leaking refrigerant or water from a broken drain tube. Both need immediate investigation to prevent more costly damages.
- Strange Odors or Sounds: A bad smell emanating from your unit points to either mold or burned out wire insulation. And if the AC starts making rasping or screeching noises, don’t delay in scheduling service.
Don’t let the fear of expense delay you in scheduling a service call because most AC repairs are not complicated, and maximizing your unit’s efficiency will save money in the long run. Our professional HVAC technicians will quickly diagnose the problem and will only suggest the necessary fixes, never upsell. And for emergency air conditioner repair, Marmot Heating, Cooling & Plumbing of Boulder is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week- call us now!